Should I?

Go Down South

South is my last name
I plan to build my motor a few years from now but just happened to come across this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cobra-Block-4-6L-V8-Mustang-Block-1996-1997-1998-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ110576081686QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

For only 300 bucks, thats a damn good deal if you ask me. Maybe I should just do a 4v swap instead of my original plans of blower, ported heads, blower cams and forged internals.

I'm just tossing around ideas now, none of this will happen for a few years.

chaoticdismay

the rippin and the tearin
the blocks alone usually sell for around 200-300, the internals are useless to you are planning on going forged internals. the block is light (compared to cast iron) but it will still have some heft to it so i assume shipping will be a bitch for that.

Go Down South

South is my last name
the blocks alone usually sell for around 200-300, the internals are useless to you are planning on going forged internals. the block is light (compared to cast iron) but it will still have some heft to it so i assume shipping will be a ***** for that.

Yea, I had no plans to use those internals. I did think about the shipping and I'm messaging the seller now seeing if they could give me a shipping estimate.

19mustang95

Walnuts & Applesauce
buying a block without knowing the history of it, I would pass. And unless you are going to actually assemble the motor rather than pay someone to do it, buy a shortblock or longblock already assembled.

Go Down South

South is my last name
buying a block without knowing the history of it, I would pass. And unless you are going to actually assemble the motor rather than pay someone to do it, buy a shortblock or longblock already assembled.

Yea thats what I asked myself when I first saw it. I probably will end up passing on it anyway b/c I don't even plan to start the motor work for sometime.

nemesis

2nd to none
id just order a short block or long block from a place like livernoise, boss 330. modular performance, etc...

Go Down South

South is my last name
Wow. I feel ****ing retarded. I forgot the shortblock already comes with the **** internals :tard::facepalm:

Idk what shortblock I wanna go with though. I plan to buy from Livernois. The stroker would be good b/c it comes with full forged components whereas the economy only comes withe forged rods and pistons but would also be good as well b/c its rated to 500 hp and I wont be making more than 425 to the wheels. I'm not sure though if they mean 500 hp to the flywheel or to the wheels so that's where some confusion comes into play. I plan to call them possibly tomorrow and talk with them about my plans and to see what they think they best route would be. What do you guys think?

Regarding my head plan, I did plan to just get my PI heads ported, but all the quotes I got, I got 5, all were between 1.5k-1.8k whereas the trickflow twisted wedges are only a little over 1k. I'll still be getting the same performance from ported PI or maybe better, and not spend nearly as much money.

Go Down South

South is my last name
Checked out MMR and I plan to go with their Street Mod Shortblock. Seems fairly similar to what Livernoise would be offering but at a more economical price.

This block will be better since its rated to 600rwhp and the Livernois one is rated to 500rwhp. Although I doubt I'll get to there, I'll just feel safer with the MMR 600 block.