Programmer's Needed

Sean

incapable of error
Lol, I had to interview some guy that had ATM software on his resume a few weeks ago. I asked him to explain the general authorization protocol to me, and he's like "Well, first you make sure the passwords right, then you check their balance to see if they have enough money, then you make some api calls and give them the money." I pretty much just sat there silent for like 15 seconds and said, "Well, thank you for your application, that's all I have for you."

Back to your topic though, I assume you have some simple requirements already that you can build off of. In reality, the ATM network is one of the most complex and reliable computer systems that I know of, but I imagine a simple class project to make an ATM-like interface should be straight forward. What exactly do you need help on?

Corrupted

don't be a suck-up...
the main interface controls? how to set it up

you need a keypad and a thing to put your card into as well as dispense cash and receipt...

so:

1) keypad with numbers, enter, cancel
2) card slot
3) cash delivery spot
4) receipt print out spot

have you ever used an ATM before? what do you normally see there...

thelatinguy7

Computer Engineer
Lol, I had to interview some guy that had ATM software on his resume a few weeks ago. I asked him to explain the general authorization protocol to me, and he's like "Well, first you make sure the passwords right, then you check their balance to see if they have enough money, then you make some api calls and give them the money." I pretty much just sat there silent for like 15 seconds and said, "Well, thank you for your application, that's all I have for you."

Back to your topic though, I assume you have some simple requirements already that you can build off of. In reality, the ATM network is one of the most complex and reliable computer systems that I know of, but I imagine a simple class project to make an ATM-like interface should be straight forward. What exactly do you need help on?

/offtopic

Who do u work for Sean?

nickel417

you need a keypad and a thing to put your card into as well as dispense cash and receipt...

so:

1) keypad with numbers, enter, cancel
2) card slot
3) cash delivery spot
4) receipt print out spot

have you ever used an ATM before? what do you normally see there...

not so elaborate i dont think?

nickel417

why don't you explain what it needs to do if it's got limitations like not needing to check for a card

Here is everything I know about it.

Create an application called ATM Simulator that functions like an ATM and uses inheritance, overloading, overriding, and overtyping. The simulator should handle both checking and savings accounts and process deposits, withdrawals, and balance inquiries. Make the interface as realistic as possible. Assume the number pad on your computer is the number pad for the ATM.

eric1997

Hustle Everyday
Do they want a GUI?
For inhereitance I would just use a class Account with basic deposit/withdrawl/balance inquiry functionality. I would then make classes checkingAccount extends Account and savingsAccount extends Account.
You could cover overriding there with any methods in the subclasses.
Overloading.. do you mean method or operator overloading?
Never heard of 'overtyping'

Kuplex

Retired Admin
Lol.

nickel417

Do they want a GUI?
For inhereitance I would just use a class Account with basic deposit/withdrawl/balance inquiry functionality. I would then make classes checkingAccount extends Account and savingsAccount extends Account.
You could cover overriding there with any methods in the subclasses.
Overloading.. do you mean method or operator overloading?
Never heard of 'overtyping'

Yes I need a GUI.
Overloading-method